Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Time Just Flies...


Wow! I can't believe that it is almost 2010! I haven't posted for over a month now, and I feel so bad about that. We have had an extremely busy month with doctors and therapy visits. First update is regarding Irelyn's hips. She had an appointment with the Ortho 12-23-09, and we found out that she is progressing nicely and is now able to have 8 hours of free time out of the brace each day! YEAH!!!! The appointment before that was 12-08-09 and they gave her 4 hours of freedom and she loved that, so you can imagine how happy she is to have 8 hours each day! She just kicks her legs and straightens them out. It is wonderful. She doesn't like going back in it though that is for sure!

The next part of exciting news for little Miss Irelyn is that she is now able to take 30 cc's (one ounce) of formula by mouth at Occupational Therapy! I know that doesn't sound like much, but it is a huge feat for her as we started out with pretty much 0 cc's by mouth two months ago! She drank that 30 cc's (the most she had ever done) on 12-22-09, what a great Christmas present! We were so very proud of her.

Today at therapy Irelyn had cereal for the first time!!! This was so neat! She was so happy to have food in her mouth. Her little tongue was just going all over the place and she really enjoyed it and did so well. Again another step to be so proud of. She is our little trooper. She will be going to Children's Mercy Hospital on January 20th, 2010 to have a swallow study done to ensure she isn't silently aspirating. Once she has that done and depending on how she does, we may be able to start offering her a bottle at home!!! I can't tell you how excited I will be if I will be able to actually feed my baby a bottle at home when she is being fed rather than 100% G-tube feedings.

She will be four months old next week and I can't believe how time just flies by. It really is kind of scary. I am trying to be in better spirits as I watch my beautiful daughter get stronger each day and accomplish huge tasks that at one point I feared she never would. Thank you all who follow us. I promise to try and update more in the new year. I wish everyone a safe and happy new year!

The Watters


1 comment:

  1. What great great news! I love that new pic of her you have at the top! I can just hear your excitement in your writing...its a great feeling. Hugs Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete