Monday, February 1, 2010

Frustration

I just need to vent my frustrations tonight. We went to dinner yesterday and I couldn't believe what happened. We had to feed her during our dinner, so we got everything ready and did our normal routine. About five minutes into her feeding, I felt like someone was staring at me from behind. I turned around to find a grown woman just staring at Irelyn and her feeding tube! I was so angry. I thought okay she hasn't seen something like this before so she was just checking it out. WRONG! She continued to stare! I finally said to my other family that was with me if they noticed anything, and they said yes. First I thought it was me, but they had noticed it too. By this point fifteen or twenty minutes had gone by. Honestly how rude can someone be. And everytime I would turn around she would look away as if I wouldn't see her. It isn't like she was a child, that would be completely different and understandable. She was a grown woman (in her 50's) with her own family, yet she couldn't quit staring at Irelyn and how she was being fed. I can't explain how much restraint it took from me to not just go off on this lady. My 9 year old daughter so it going on and was just appalled. She kept saying "Mama was she not taught that it is rude to stare", I was so frustrated. Luckily we were done eating and just waiting on our check, so we were able to get out of there. She kept staring until we left. I certainly don't understand. I would NEVER stare at someone, especially their baby, just because something wasn't what they consider to be "normal" routine. I can assure you my definition of normal is so not what it used to be. I am proud of not saying anything because I was really close to flying off the handle.

Thank you for listening to me vent! I feel a little better.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh! Our little guy has the feeding tube, too and I want to strangle people when they do that kind of thing. People can be unbelievable at times! Irelyn is SUCH a beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you know how I feel! I follow your blog too. Asher is a doll!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so can relate. We have experienced many stares. Sometimes, I hate to admit; I would go up to them and say hi. Then I would say this is how he eats and that he had a severe heart defect. I am proud of you for how you handle the situation. I'm not sure I could of done it after a five or ten minutes. LOL. You guys are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete